EVN Observation Planner.
Helps you to plan a VLBI observation. Given a date, source coordinates, and a VLBI array, it will tell you when the source can be observed by each antenna, the reached rms noise level and resolution, among other details.
You can not select more than 25 topics
Topics must start with a letter or number, can include dashes ('-') and can be up to 35 characters long.
- v2.0.3 2020-12-XX -- Bug fix: The option of only one subband is back.
- -- Minor wording updates.
- -- Velocity information added to the summary (vel. resolution in full bandwidth and per channel).
- -- Kunming added as a possible e-EVN station.
- -- Dash GUI changes: the setup options are now always visible and the observation can be recomputed
- when the user is in a different tab.
- -- Dash GUI changes: Instead of asking for start and end times of the observation, now it asks for
- start time (date and time) and duration of the observation to simplify user input.
- -- Dash GUI changes: (finally!) fixed the slight offset in height between the start date and start time.
- -- Fixed example in README that had one comma missing and one extra bracket.
- -- New Feature: now you can obtain the times at which the target source is observable (instead of just providing them).
- v2.0.2 2020-11-30 -- Updated the SEFD from Kunming as it was previously wrong.
- -- Minor tweaks in the graphical (Dash) interface for a better interaction with the user.
- -- Now sliders also match the color style of the rest of the page.
- v2.0.1 2020-11-19 -- Bug fix: Subbands and channels tuple were getting lost when restarting the server sometimes.
- -- Added character limit of 30 in the source name through the server to avoid slowness of the system.
- -- (in the Dash GUI) Network selection position has been swapped with the band selection menu.
- -- (in the command-line): source name can also be input now to obtain the source coordinates.
- v2.0 2020-11-18 -- Target source can now be processed by providing source name.
- -- New first-window to select the band. Avoids confusion among users.
- -- README updated with new location of the online server.
- v1.0.1 2020-10-26 -- Source coordinates from server processed seamlessly with extra empty spaces between RA and DEC.
- -- Improved documentation in functions.
- -- Improved stability of the code with additional checks and explicit type hints.
- v1.0 2020-10-23 -- First stable release.